Thursday, July 24, 2008

From Mr. Pat Donnelly

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 1:18 PM, pdonnelly@pointesandiego.com

  wrote:

  I am a project manager for Gosnell Builders and one of my

  Responsibilities is the subject project.  I have been working with Derek Gade and others in the San Diego County Department of Public Works to improve the biking conditions along the portion of Jamacha northeast bound lane bordered by K-rail and/or find an alternative detour routing.

I explored several alternative routes between the intersection of Grand Avenue/Jamacha and Spring Glen Lane/Jsmscha.  All routes were determined to be "unreasonable" because of use of private streets and/or very steep grades.

I have also looked at the possibility of moving the K-rail

  Along Jamacha 3 to 4 feet back from the travel lane.  This is feasible in some areas but not others because of buried and damaged pavement.  This would result in cyclists popping in and out of the travel lane.  It seems to me that this might be risky to the cyclists.

If you have any other ideas on this issue, please feel free to call or e-mail me.  My direct telephone number is 619-591-1720.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Pat Donnelly